Whether you manage fields for a premier football team, junior clubs, or a local municipality you know that natural grass is:
- expensive and labor-intensive to maintain
- costs you precious revenue when wet weather leads to cancelled training sessions, matches and events
- And, in this economy, with budgets in a pinch, you need to cut costs and maximize revenue any way you can.
Synthetic soccer turf systems have not changed considerably in recent years. Even the "new generation" of rubber infill soccer products were invented more than 20 years ago. Products were sold based on for example fibre thickness (microns), fibre weight (Dtex) and pile height (mm). Terms such as monofilament versus a slit film, fibrillating yarn, or a polyethylene fibre rivalling a nylon fibre. But the synthetic turf market remains dominated by carpet manufacturers and fibre suppliers who are trying to sell a soccer turf system based on a single fact such as fibre thickness or pile height.
Together with exclusive partnerships with experienced suppliers and manufacturers, patents and trademarks Greenfields is able to offer an unequalled range of soccer turf systems. From economic products if there are budget restrictions up to turnkey engineered systems whereby every component of the system is known, tested and can be reproduced, systems which meet the requirements that players care about.
Natural grass cannot be sustained as a high quality soccer surface for more than 300 hours of play per year. When a soccer pitch is used on a daily basis, the natural grass is subjected to overuse which can result in bald patches and an inconsistent surface. Artificial soccer turf is the solution for increasing the hours of play with no compromise of the pitch quality. With GreenFields sports turf, your soccer team can enjoy a full season of lush grass on a new artificial soccer pitch.
Sand and Rubber:
- Provides stability and lay flat characteristics
- Shock absorption
- Consistent and correct ball bounce
- Energy restoration
- Done when no sand is available
- Still meets FIFA requirements
Five Good Reasons to Choose Artificial Turf for Soccer:
1. Consistent playability:
- Unlike natural grass fields, artificial soccer pitches can be played on all year round as they are not as susceptible to weather damage as natural grass pitches. They absorb massive amounts of water without flooding, are not damaged by frost or intense sun, and will not freeze so your surface always remains in prime match condition. The result? Summer or winter, rain or snow your teams can practice and play in ideal conditions with no bald patches, mud, standing water, die-back, dust or loose divots. Your training and fixture schedule remains on schedule all year round.
- Artificial turf pitches can be played on more frequently and for longer. A natural grass pitch begins to deteriorate after about 250 hours play per season, while artificial turf can be played on 24 hours a day 7 days a week – dependent on good regular maintenance.
- GreenFields artificial pitches provide a versatile, multi-purpose solution for all your football requirements. One artificial pitch has the capacity of at least 3 natural grass pitches as it can be used for the training and playing requirements of teams at all levels – from mini-league and juniors to premiership teams. With the right precautions your GreenFields pitch can be used to host other events, such as concerts and public meetings giving you the opportunity to enhance stadium revenue, while still having a first class playing surface at your disposal.
4. Low maintenance, low cost:
- Maintaining a natural grass pitch is labour intensive and requires significant investment of time, effort and capital. While regular maintenance is important to preserve the life of a quality artificial sports turf such as GreenFields, it is a lot easier and more affordable over the long term GreenFields will also create a customised cleaning and maintenance plan for your needs, train your ground staff in maintenance procedures or implement the maintenance programme we develop on a once off or contractual basis.
5. Cost effective:
- While the development and installation capital investment for a artificial football turf system are higher than those of a natural grass pitch, this is more than offset by drastically reduced future capital cost and annualised operating costs. You NEED less equipment and less manpower, you PAY less fuel and material costs. You SAVE on maintenance costs- and reduced stadium upkeep costs can actually halve the cost per use of your pitch in comparison to a natural turf pitch.
The high standards set and enforced by the FIFA Preferred Producer Concept will subsequently provide consumers with a guarantee that turf produced and installed by FIFA Preferred Producers is of the highest standard and meets consumer requirements. GreenFields as a FIFA Preferred Producer therefore extend their services further than the traditional supplier/installer relationship by continually improving the quality of their product. They will be required to be both a manufacturer of Football Turf who is an established FIFA Quality Concept Licensee, and possess the additional expertise in civil engineering and project management necessary to support all elements required from inception to completion.
The FIFA standards for sports turf systems are designed to ensure that a consistent world class standard of surface is available internationally. These surfaces must require a minimum amount of maintenance, yet be available for the development of players’ skills all year round. Through research, testing, the development of innovative products as well as training and strategic partner relationships, GreenFields® provides you with surfaces able to meet these stringent standards at the project inception and in the long term.
FIFA recommended 1 star:
- The FIFA Recommended 1 Star is mainly for recreational, community and municipal use; however, it still has to go through a series of stringent tests before the highly respected FIFA certificate is issued.
FIFA recommended 2 star:
- The FIFA Recommended 2 Star for artificial turf is designed specifically to mirror the playing characteristics of professional football. FIFA final round competitions and top UEFA competitions have the FIFA Recommended 2 Star in their respective competition regulations.